Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Happy Convocation!

22nd July 2008




Yayyy!! Graduate lo!!

I was really ecstatic about graduation today! Happy that my mum was present at the ceremony to witness the conferment of my degree, to be really proud of her daughter and most importantly, see that her relentless efforts all these years had not gone
down the drain.










I'm also happy that all of us graduated together, including my dear roommate oppp! haha was especially :):):) for her. hehe I remember telling her that I wanna graduate with her when she told me she gonna cui for exams in our last semester. During my three years in uni, I was really fortunate and happy to have known so many people, especially friends who have given me fond memories of my three years in NTU.


I was lucky to have a group of friends, my tutorial classmates, who stayed with me, almost throughout my whole time in NTU. In our first semester, we were assigned to the same tutorial group for almost every module and had lessons together. As freshmen in university, trust me, that really helped immensely. Eventually, we continued to plan our lessons together, went for lectures, classes, lunches and sometimes dinner together; rushed through countless projects with which the deadlines never failed to clash haha! Besides the stress and exams, we also found a common love for kbox, our favourite post-exam activitiy! The most memorable thing we did together was having steamboat on Valentine's day at the balcony outside ah chiew's room. When all others were out, I had a group of friends who stayed with me in school. For all of that and much more unexplained, thank you kingdomites!:) -Pet hamster/twin sister


Kingdomites!







Our class grad pic...





Sophia and I at Convo!





Soph and I went on exchange in our final year second last sem. haha but we didn't go for that together, she went to hk while I was in the states. We spent most of our school time together in the very last sem and I gotta thank her for lending me her ears as the last sem wasn't easy at all! so thankss babe!

SMS a busss! that's one real unforgettable project, one real unique experience too! I have 4 other special friends who met up with me on a sunday night to prepare the props and deco we needed for our monday's presentation and guess what? we eventually turned a tutorial class into a bus! haha. yeah that's a lil what we call in NTU "spoil market", but it was damn fun too! My one and only time in NTU that I had to do such huge props! Although it's only one module which lasted one sem, marketing definitely brought the 5 of us closer and bonded us real well. For that one business idea which we had definitely put our hearts into it and could have had made us milllionaires, thank you Steven, Yangyan, Yinghan and Lawrence!
















How can I forget people who have taken care of me when I fell sick, bought dinner for me when I'm too lazy to step out of my room, jogged 179 route with me at 1am in the morning, had supper at ah fang, played for IB and IH games together, studied and kept me company in MPR till as late as 4am during the exam period, celebrated birthdays by pouring buckets and buckets of water down our block at the birthday boy/girl, jumped from room to room to disturb people and played mahjong with water and liqueur... haha yeah those were some of the great memories, without our parents, just me and my friends in Hall 7. Yup, basically these friends lived with me for the two years I stayed in hall 7. so thanks OPPPP (my super teh but caring and patient ex-roomie), Yipz, Vivien, Jingqi, Cheng, Shit, Toi, Chun, Jasmine, Fiona, Qiao Qing, Ai Ling!





my teh roomie for you! haha.










Uni life was also more fun for me as I have this group of wonderful og mates who were the very first people I met in NBS. yah and they just couldn't stop calling me yipa! hahah yup that's my always-so-lame group of friends who would freeze after I try telling them a lame joke. hahaha KK's really damn good at lame jokes. maybe it's the face la.. hahaha. Allan is forever laughing at me cos I just happen to be slightly, just slightly meatier than him. And Hui shan, who's as blur as me, always never fails to go "HuiYiiiiiiiiiiiii" whenever she sees me (and her eyes will turn into tiny lil slits hahaha) oh! how can i forget my tall, dark and... sporty Naipa (it's a long story why I call him that!) who's ever so on about all the gatherings, joins in the lame-ness, has really BIG actions when he cheers and always helping us unconditionally at the expense of his own study time when we were struggling with work. For all the fun-lovingly lame and exam-piaing times we had, thank you KK, Allan, Huishan and Naipa!









Gonna miss the times we spent together in school!

Back in nanyang, I have a really great budd whom I've been keeping in contact with for ever since we left sec school. She came down all the way to NTU just to take photos with me, gave me a real bright lollipop, be my personal photographer, helped out in any way she could for me at my convo and really feel happy for me. Thanks Vennie, really appreciate that!








Well, today's convocation was particularly special, since it's not like we're moving on to another phase in our studies. This graudation marks the end of our schooling days. ya maybe we'll do our masters later, but i guess it wouldn't be in the near future and it's certainly not gonna be same I guess. Probably that's why it was especially important to me.





Now that we've gone separate ways to pursue, what we deemed as, our "dreams", and move on to the next phase in our lives, I hope everyone can realize what they have been searching for in life.

No comments: