Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Global IT Law

Instead of the usual articles and statutes, Aresty started having mini presentations in the class. Well as acct & biz student, presentations shouldn't be that much of a problem now. Not saying that we are impressively zai in that, we still do get butterflies in our tummies, stumble over our words and get really tongue tied..BUT at least we know what to do and how to prepare for them.



hmmm what happens when you don't get to prepare at all?



Recently, Aresty's class really caught me "offguard" as he suddenly has a unfathomable love for impromptu presentations. And being the only exchange student in class, he was really nice to shower me with more TLC.. always asking for my opinion and I would never go unnoticed in class. (you know the times when you haven't prepared anything for class, plan to be a free-rider and bingo! your name is called in class) haha. seriously don't know if that's good or bad.



We had a case discussion on domain name and trademark the other day. Basically it's over a dispute between two companies that sell surfboards. The senior, which had operated for the last 30 years, had a domain name http://www.ussurfboards.com/ while the junior had http://www.ussurfboard.com/, basically omitting the "s". so the whole class was split into 3 groups, two representing each of the company and the last group as panel. I happened to be in the panel and it was obviously great! cos you just listen and present judgement. and there were like 7 or 8 of us in the panel group, so what are the chances of preparing the judgement and presenting man. yeah.. what are the chances... haha. so when I least expect it, he called the panel the "Hui group" and he identified the group with my name. Well, Marshall presented the judgement in the end but Aresty still asked me for the final opinion after the company appealed.



It was interesting to see how discussions take place in class.. they really shoot at each other. haha and you'll have the urge to talk because some of the things said don't make sense to you..like "you shouldn't base a case on intentions.."my first reaction was then on what? haha and I love my question on trademark search!


It feels great. GRIN.


Yeah gotta admit classes here really encourage pple to speak up..and some classes are really comfy cos it's so casual, ppl just throw out whatever's on their mind (sensible things of course!) In particular, I like my Negotiation classes and Global IT law. Feel v comfy in class..you simply speak your mind!

No comments: