Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Mid Autumn @ Bentley

2nd October 2007

So..I spent my first mid autumn overseas. well mid autumn wasn't really that big an occasion to me back in Singapore but here, the significance of it just seemed to have magnified. haha. yeah for the first time i was really excited about seeing mooncakes and eating them, meeting people on campus who know what mid autumn is all about.

Just makes me miss home..hanging lanterns outside my house along the corridor and lining candles along the drain with my mum and cousins (haha yeah yeah ron I know I'm 21 but I still do that..maybe not this year but I definitely did that when I was 20! haha), spending time together with my family at Shuang Lin Shi which has really authentic chinese looking lanterns and deco. haha yeah miss chinese food, chinese stuff. this will never happen in Singapore.. like to miss chinese lanterns and tea. haha well, sometimes too much of something is bad for health (haha like too much American food) and it makes you miss the other extreme.




Well, it was definitely a nice and unique experience cos we also spent it with frens who absolutely had no idea what mid autumn is about. It was fun, having a different flavour to that.. like drinking bubble tea with mooncake? yeah and explaining to Marta why we celebrate mid autumn and the story of how Chang Er (the "moon lady") flew to the moon and how we had 10 suns in the sky. haha



Exchange students exchanging specs?




Adam, Marta, me, Vi



Spot the starts!




Nina, Marta, Cindy (from Shanghai) and me


No comments: